3000 W Jefferson St
Hours of Operation
Phone: (815) 741-7275 x149
The Inwood Athletic Club aquatics facility includes an 8 lane, 25 yard pool with an additional attached shallow area. Pool depth ranges from 1ft 6in. to 9.5 ft deep. The pool deck also has a 12 person hot tub and a steam room available for members 18 years or older. Our facility offers a variety of aquatic activities and programs for the community. Members can access the pool for lap swimming and water aerobics classes. Swim lesson programs are offered for swimmers age 6 months and older, including adults with group and private instruction options available. The facility regularly hosts American Red Cross certification classes including Lifeguarding, CPR/AED/First Aid, Water Safety Instructor and Lifeguard Instructor courses. The Inwood Athletic Club pool is the home of the Blue Tides Swim Team which includes our youth team (6-18 years) as well as our Masters Team (18+ years). Our facility also is the home pool for the Joliet Township High School swim team. Specialty items such as birthday parties, lane rentals, special events and more are also hosted at the facility.
The Joliet Park District's swim lesson program is based on the American Red Cross curriculum.
The Swimming and Water Safety program teaches people how to be safe in, on or around water and to teach individuals of different ages and abilities how to swim. In a logical progression, the program covers the knowledge and skills needed for aquatic skill development. As participants develop these skills, they become safer and better swimmers. For the current season's class schedule click here.
- All swim lesson programs are 8 sessions long unless specifically notated.
- All lessons are 30 minutes long
Parent & Guardians
- Parents/guardians of swim lesson participants 12 years and younger must be present at the Inwood Athletic Club for the duration of class. We ask that parents view their childrens lessons from the pool deck bleachers or from the seating area in the lobby. To ensure the instructors have the full attention of the students, we ask parents and guardians to refrain from crowding the teaching area of the pool deck.
Preparation for Class
- Swimming Attire: All swim lesson participants must wear swim suits and should bring a towel for after class.
- Goggles: Goggles are not required but highly encouraged for swimmers in the Learn To Swim program. Goggles may not cover the nose.
- Swim Pants: Swimmers 2 years and under or regularly diapered must wear a facility approved swim pant. Swim pants must be plastic lined with elastic around the legs and waist (Huggies Swimmers, etc. are not facility approved swim pants). Swim pants can be purchased at the Inwood Athletic Club front desk.
- Nose Plugs: While nose plugs are discouraged, they are allowed. We will encourage swimmers with nose plugs to practice skills without it to better prepare them.
- All new swimmers to the Preschool Aquatics and Learn To Swim programs must complete an initial evaluation prior to the registering for a session of swim lessons. This evaluation allows us to place your swimmer in the appropriate level for their swimming ability.
- Completing an initial evaluation does not guarantee a spot in a particular session. Participants must register for a swim lesson session for the appropriate level.
- Class offerings may be canceled or changed based on instructor availability, low registration, etc. Current program offerings can be viewed here.
- There are no make-up lessons available for those swimmers that need to miss a class.
- Refunds may be requested by filling out a form at the Inwood Athletic Club font desk, but are not guaranteed and are subject to a $5 administration fee and approval from management.
- Swimmers will complete an exit skills assessment on the 7th day of their swim session. Instructors will notify participants if they have passed to the next level and provide a progress report/certificate to swimmers.
Inwood Athletic Club Pool Private Swim Lessons
What are the benefits of private swim lessons?
- Scheduling Flexibility
- 1 on 1 Instruction
- Personalized Lesson Plans
Find Your Fit!
We offer lessons to fit swimmers of all ages and abilities. Click to find out what lessons are right for you!
Single Lessons & Additional Participants
Single lessons can be purchased for $27 that includes a 30 minute lesson for one swimmer regardless of the age/level of the swimmer. Additional swimmer can be added on for an additional fee ($10 for a second swimmer or $15 for two additional swimmers). Swimmers participating in the same lessons must be of similar swimming ability. See our information on packages for details on purchasing more than one lesson.
Click to learn more about our cost savings packages of 3, 5, 8, or 10 lessons with options for 1, 2 or 3 swimmers to participate in each lesson!
Find Your Instructor
Find the perfect instructor for your swimming goals here. Not sure who to choose? Feel free to contact us and we can assist you in finding the perfect fit.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information on private swim lessons and private coaching sessions, including information on adding additional participants, cancellation policy and more, click here.
Looking to take the family swimming? Open swim is for you!
|Fall Hours of Operation
*Exceptions to this schedule may occur due to swim meets, private rentals, special events, etc.
- Members of the Inwood Athletic Club are free
- Adults - $7R/$9NR
- Seniors & Youth - $5R/$6NR
- 3 & Under are free with a facility approved swim pant
*Swim pants must be plastic lined with elastic around the legs & waist. Disposable swim diapers such as huggies/pampers little swimmers are not accepted. Approved swim pants are available for purchase at the Inwood Athletic Club front desk.
Come enjoy some water time in our shallow area and burn off some energy! Toys will be provided. Children must be accompanied by an adult in the water.
- $6.00 for guardian + 1 child
- Additional children are $3 each
*Swim pants, for children under 3 years old, must be plastic lined with elastic around the legs & waist. Disposable swim diapers such as huggies/pampers little swimmers are not accepted. Approved swim pants are available for purchase at the Inwood Athletic Club front desk.
Need to reserve lane space for your group or event? Please contact Molly Hoover at email@example.com. Prices start at $25 per lane per hour with customized options available for equipment rental. Availability may vary.
The Joliet Park District offers a variety of certification classes from the American Red Cross including Lifeguarding and CPR/First Aid/AED courses. For the current seasons class schedule click here.