Sunshine & Rainbows FAQ'S
1. Does my child need to be potty trained?
No. We do ask that you supply wipes and diapers for your child.
2. Is this daycare?
No. We do not offer before or after care. Our focus is on the education and development of young children.
3. How do I know what class to put my child in?
Enrollment is based on your child's age as of September 1, 2017.
4. How long is a preschool class?
2 year old classes are 2 hours long.
3 year old classes are 2 hours long.
- 9:15am-11:15am OR 12:15-2:15pm
4 year old classes are 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- 9:15am-11:30am OR 12:15-2:30pm
5. Can I sign up for Enrichment ONLY?
No. You MUST be registered in a morning preschool class.
2 year olds cannot do enrichment.
6. Is there are 5-day program?
We do not offer a 5-day program but you can sign up for a MWF program and a T/TH program.
7. What curriculum do you use?
We follow the Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards and Benchmarks. We also utilize Handwriting Without Tears.
8. Is a physical required?
All students must have their doctor fill out the DHS Certificate of Child Health Examination. This gives a copy of all immunizations and other health information.
9. What is the difference between the 2 year old program and Weeping Willows?
The 2 year old program runs from Sept-May and has the opportunity to explore and develop more with the same group of students.
Weeping Willows runs on a session by session schedule. The concepts covered are similar but the depth is different due to the new start of each session and new participants.
10. Do you offer financial assistance or CCR&R?
No, we are unable to accept CCR&R and do not offer any financial assistance. There are monthly payments that occur to help make fees more manageable.
11. Is there a discount for paying in full?
No. Our payment plans are set up as 9 monthly payments. When enrolling the first installment is non-refundable and non-transferrable and is applied as May's payment. The remaining 8 payments will occur for September- April.
12. Is there a multi-sibling discount?
No. We are unable to provide a discount due to the costs it takes to run the educational programming.